my sweet audrey beans. yesterday she turned eleven months old. where did the last year go? no, seriously. i'm asking.
this kid is incredible. i mean, let's not rewrite history. the first four months were a nightmare. so colicky. so barfy. i feel like i didn't even meet her until september. but OHMAIGASH was she worth it.
i remember thinking no way would i ever want to have another kid after she was born. i mean, her birth experience was AWESOME, but everything after that was really, really, really difficult.
but then... it changed. somewhere around nine months she fell into this completely awesome stage and i want a million more of her. (HIGHLY unlikely there will be more, but i've still named my hypothetical third daughter all the time anyway.)
miss audrey at eleven months:
- is crawling like crazy.
- puts everything in her mouth. if she sees that you've spotted her with something she shouldn't have (usually a sticker) she jams that thing in her mouth SO FAST it's actually pretty impressive.
- eats like a champ (see above). loves absolutely all food - eats almost entirely table food with the addition of her happy bellies cereal in the morning.
- weighs about 22 pounds - only four less than her big sister and they essentially wear the same size diaper.
- wants to walk, but hasn't figured out how to move her feet.
- trying very hard to pull to a stand. i'm sure i'll find her standing in her crib within a week or so.
- mimics olivia. they have nightly screeching matches after dinner.
- WORSHIPS her big sister.
- also madly in love with her daddy. she gets crazy excited whenever she even hears his voice.
- hasn't gotten the hang of sleeping through the night yet. sigh.
- is a total and absolute LOVE.
i can't believe it's almost her first birthday.